There is something infinitely magical about the heart chakra. It is the energy center of love, compassion, and joy. When open, the heart chakra enhances our ability to give and receive love freely, and we are more kind and generous human beings.
When it’s blocked we struggle to access our emotions, or we are consumed negative emotions like sadness, anxiety, or anger. We become closed off to the things in life that would bring us happiness.
If this sounds like you, luckily one of the ways to heal yourself is with the heart chakra affirmations featured below.
What is the Heart Chakra?
In the past chakras, thought to be wheels of energy throughout the body, were thought to just be a spiritual concept, but studies show that chakras influence human psychology.
The heart chakra, called Anahata in Sanskrit, is located in the center of the chest, just below the breastbone. It is the fourth chakra and is all about our ability to love and express our feelings. It’s where we form connections with ourselves and other people.
If your heart chakra is closed or imbalanced, you’re not living your best life. You struggle to find joy in anything and your relationships suffer, and it can lead to feelings of sadness, loneliness, and insecurity.
A blocked heart chakra can be caused by events that hurt us in the past that we have not healed from and spending a lot of time and mental energy dwelling on situations what we can’t control. We end up putting a wall around our heart, and energy cannot flow through to the rest of the body.
The heart chakra can be opened through practices such as meditation, yoga, journaling, and the affirmations in this article.
Symptoms of a Blocked Heart Chakra
If your heart chakra is blocked you may experience a range of symptoms, both physical and emotional.
Physically you may feel a lot of energetic pressure or tightness in your chest because energy is stuck there. Something to ask yourself is, “what emotion am I feeling in my heart now?” Don’t get this confused with an actual medical issue! Please visit a doctor if you are experiencing physical chest pain.
Your mind may be stuck in a past situation in which you were hurt, and you keep going back to that moment over and over again instead of healing and moving on. Carrying around old baggage will keep your heart chakra closed off and you may be unable to move past an unhealthy relationship (here are tips on how to move past a toxic relationship).
When this center is blocked, we may find it difficult to form meaningful relationships or feel empathy for others.
With a closed heart chakra you will struggle to express emotions in a healthy way, which can lead to you isolating yourself or having outbursts of anger or sadness when the pressure builds up.
Because energy cannot flow through the heart chakra we feel incomplete.
Additional heart chakra imbalance symptoms:
- Lack of empathy
- Can’t connect with authentic desires
- Avoiding situations that can bring up repressed emotions
- Not caring for your own physical and emotional needs
- Struggling to set healthy boundaries
- Fear of intimacy
- Shyness and low self-esteem
- Isolating yourself
- Holding grudges
- Feeling jealous
- Unable to trust
- Unable to forgive and move past old hurts
- You cover or avoid emotions with addition or substance abuse
Heart Chakra Awakening Symptoms
As you heal your heart chakra you’ll create a deeper connection to yourself. You’ll be able to process emotions and release old hurts, create an inner dialog that is supportive and loving to yourself, and go after your passions in life.
Opening the heart chakra can bring up a flood of strong emotions. Don’t fight them, accept and forgive yourself for anything that comes up even if it’s deep sadness or rage.
Bringing the 4th chakra into balance will also improve your relationship with the people you care about, you’ll be able to express your needs and honor the needs of those around you. You will be able to be vulnerable in a safe way.
You will have more empathy and compassion and be able to contribute positivity to the world. A closed heart chakra is selfish, but an open one is selfless. You become more nurturing, kind, and whole within yourself. You start to love life and look for the good.
Positive signs of a balanced heart chakra:
- You see the good in yourself and the world
- Inner peace
- A feeling of wholeness
- Greater kindness and compassion to yourself and others
- You attract healthy relationships
- You have firm boundaries with toxic people
- You can forgive people (but not let them hurt you again)
- You forgive yourself for past mistakes
- You can express feelings in a calm, healthy way
- You know how to self-sooth in a healthy way when you’re stressed
- You put your needs first and practice self-care
How to Heal the Heart Chakra With Affirmations
Chakra healing is a process of activating and balancing your chakras in order to allow for the free flow of energy through the body. You can use affirmations to help activate and open your chakras because they help to reprogram your subconscious mind, clear fear, blocks, and limiting beliefs, and promote healing.
These healing heart chakra affirmations will help you access the feelings of joy and love which spills into all areas of your life.
Affirmations help us shift our attention away from the things that aren’t serving us, and allow us to focus on what we would like to feel and experience instead.
You’ve probably heard the phrase, “what you focus on expands,” so when we start to focus on what we want to experience instead of all the things we don’t, we start to automatically make positive changes often without even being aware of it.
You may also enjoy this Chakra Balancing Meditation that uses affirmations and visualization for each of the chakras.
How to use healing Heart Chakra affirmations
You can use affirmations at any time you need them, while driving your car, in the shower (visualize the things you don’t want anymore going down the drain), when you’re feeling anxious, before falling asleep, or first thing when you wake up in the morning.
But it’s a really good idea to take a few minutes each day to sit somewhere quiet, take some slow deep breaths, and say your affirmations with feeling and purpose. So you aren’t just saying the words, you are feeling that they are truth in your body and mind.
Choose around 10 affirmations that you like from the list below, then write them on a paper and keep it on your nightstand, desk, or mirror so that you remember to repeat them at least once a day, or more if you like.
Soon your beautiful heart chakra will be unlocked.
You can combine affirmations for multiple chakras if you feel the need.
Heart Chakra Affirmations
- I am open to love.
- I am worthy of unconditional love.
- I have always been good enough for the love I desire.
- Even when I’m feeling uncomfortable emotions, I love and accept myself.
- Everyday I seek things that bring my heart joy.
- I see the good in myself and the world.
- I love myself without conditions.
- I accept myself as I am in this moment.
- I am compassionate and kind.
- I share love and love comes back to me.
- I am a nurturing, generous human being.
- My kindness allows others to open their hearts too.
- I allow love to flow through my heart chakra.
- I know I am always doing the best I can.
- I only attract healthy relationships.
- I am making space for compassion towards myself.
- I allow my heart to lead with love.
- The universe has an infinite supply of love that it generously shares with me.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I forgive others for their mistakes.
- I choose to find miracles and joy today.
- I allow myself to feel how I feel and love myself no matter what.
- I graciously release hurts from the past and allow my heart to heal.
- I choose compassion and release judgement.
- I trust myself.
- I am magnetic to the energy of love and joy.
- I form deep, loving connections with ease.
- I am already whole and complete.
- I love myself now, and I love who I am becoming.
- I focus on the abundance of love I already have, not the lack.
- I honor my strengths and my imperfections equally.
- Everyday I choose to feel gratitude for all my blessings in life.
- I see the divine beauty in myself.
- My heart’s capacity to hold love is infinite.
- I choose love over fear.
Join the FREE Self-Love Challenge
How long does it take to open the Heart Chakra?
It’s natural to want to bring your heart chakra into balance fast, because life is so much easier when you feel confident, energized, and motivated. It can happen very quickly, but it may also require some time and repetition.
It’s important to remember that your chakra probably didn’t become blocked in one day, so it can take a little time to remove your blocks and open up that energy center again. You also need to realize that you will need to work on your chakras throughout your life. Things will happen to throw you out of balance, and you’ll have to do some work to heal again.
Keep using the affirmations everyday until you start to feel that the symptoms you had before are gone and your solar plexus chakra is open and balanced.
I hope you found some healing heart chakra affirmations that you resonate with. These affirmations, if used daily, will help to heal your heart. Take what feels good to you and make them part of your daily routine.
You may also enjoy: