Motivation doesn’t always come easy. Our minds like to come up with all sorts of exiting other things we could be doing instead, so sometimes we have to hype ourselves up to get into the right mindset. That’s where affirmations come it.
Affirmations for motivation are great tools to get you energized to start working on your goals and checking off your to-do list. With time and repetition, positive affirmations can help to rewire your brain to make you automatically feel motivated to do the things that will benefit your life. If you use these affirmations consistently, inspiration and motivation will come to you effortlessly.
It’s important to remember that everyone experiences moments of low motivation. It may be hard to get out of bed in the morning, or to work on a project that intellectually you know is beneficial but you just don’t feel inspired to do. The great news is that you can absolutely get yourself energized and excited to work on your goals with positive daily mantras!
How Affirmations Work
Affirmations are statements that you make about yourself, typically in the present tense, that are designed to boost your confidence, motivation, worth, self-love, and more. Making these positive statements about ourselves can improve our self-image and inspire us to take actions that will help us achieve our goals.
What people don’t realize is that statements like, “I never have good ideas, I’m stuck, I’m too tired, I can’t do it,” are all affirmations as well. Think about the things you say to yourself often, are they reinforcing positive or negative beliefs and behaviors?
The thoughts or self-talk you have everyday have helped shape your identity, so just imagine where you could be if you started using positive affirmations daily!
If you consistently use affirmations over time you will train your brain to start automatically having positive thoughts about yourself instead of disempowering ones that you’re likely used to by now.
Research has shown that affirmations can be an effective way to increase performance in a variety of situations, from taking a test to completing a challenging task at work.
When Affirmations Don’t Feel True…
Usually when you start using affirmations for the first time it can feel like you’re telling a big lie. Saying “I am confident,” feels completely ridiculous because you don’t actually feel confident. It can make you feel like a fraud, which is not a great feeling.
This is completely normal and ok! There is a trick you can use that helps you bypass that little voice that says, “are you kidding me right now? I do NOT feel motivated or powerful.”
For any affirmation that feels untrue, begin by saying I am becoming or I am willing to believe. Here are some examples:
- I am becoming someone who feels confident everyday.
- I am becoming someone who feels motivated and energized each day.
- I am willing to believe that I can achieve my goals.
- I am willing to start believing that I am worthy of my dreams.
When you’re feeling unmotivated, it can be helpful to first affirm your intentions and remind yourself of your goals. Then say these statements out loud to get you in the right mindset for taking action.
It may even be helpful to say them into the mirror, or while you’re walking around to start building up energy.
These affirmations will get you motivated and energized to achieve your goals.
Affirmations for Motivation, Energy, and Success
- I am ready to have an amazing day.
- I am excited to take action towards my goals.
- I have so much value to share.
- I don’t have to be perfect, I only have to do my best.
- I’m ready to work my magic and make my dreams real.
- I am unconditionally worthy of my dreams and goals.
- I focus my energy on the things that matter most.
- My small wins are just as important as my big wins.
- Today brings beautiful opportunities for growth and success.
- I am ready to share my talents with the world.
- I recognize how amazing I am and how much value I bring to the world.
- I have the best ideas that make a difference in the world.
- I attract people who support my dreams and goals.
- I already have everything I need within me.
- Even my tiniest steps bring me closer to my goals.
- My success is inevitable and I am always on the right path.
- My actions today will make my life better tomorrow.
- I take responsibility for making magic in my life.
- I am claiming my power and I feel comfortable using it.
- I deserve to be wildly successful.
- I am so proud of how far I’ve come and how far I’ll go.
- My life is overflowing with incredible ideas and opportunities.
- It it easy for me to be organized and productive when I need to work.
- I happily let go of my excuses and take action anyways.
- My goals and dreams are worthy of daily action.
- It feels so good to make progress on my goals.
- I am a highly motivated person and I’m always taking action.
- I’m not afraid to be uncomfortable.
- Success is within my reach.
- I am smart enough, strong enough, and talented enough to accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- My actions today will bring incredible results tomorrow.
- I am ready to be bold in the pursuit of my happiness.
- I don’t need anyone’s permission to be great.
- When I go after my dreams I inspire the people around me to go after theirs too.
- Challenges are just opportunities to grow smarter and stronger.
- I am great at balancing work and rest.
- I choose to have faith in myself and my goals.
- I am worthy of an amazing life and I am willing to take action to make it happen.
- My dream life is meant for me.
- I search for solutions, not excuses.
Get additional tips on motivation: 7 Ways to be Self-Motivated
Affirmations can be used for any area of your life, so check out these other collections of inspiring affirmations.