Sometimes when we feel anxious, adrift, unbalanced, unsafe, and disconnected from our bodies or the world and you can’t quite put your finger on why, it can be because our root chakra is blocked.
This can happen when you feel fear and anxiety that is not acknowledged or healed. When fear is held in the body and not released it begins to block the flow of energy through our bodies.
If you feel this chakra is closed or out of balance, root chakra affirmations can help you to open it and bring you a sense of safety, security, and peace. We all want to feel balanced and connected to ourselves, and these mantra will restore a sense of belonging and having a strong foundation under you.
What is the Root Chakra?
There are 7 chakras, meaning wheel in Sanskrit, that are centers of energy in the body. Each serves it’s own purpose.
The root chakra, called Muladhara in Sanskrit, is the first and most foundational chakra, located at the base of the spine. It is responsible for grounding us in the physical world. It connects us to the earth and helps us to feel safe, supported, and secure.
Opening the root chakra can help to increase energy flow throughout the body, connecting the mind and heart, and create physical and mental balance and harmony.
It is the foundation from which be build our lives If this chakra is blocked it can restrict the flow of energy to your other chakras.
There are several ways to open the root chakra, but some simple practices include yoga, meditation, being in nature, and using affirmations like the ones you’ll find below.
Symptoms of a Blocked Root Chakra
When the root chakra is out of balance you may experience physical symptoms in your knees, lower back, and spine. You may feel pain, stiffness, or a sense of heaviness in the lower body. This can make it difficult to do everyday activities and enjoy life.
Additionally, when the root chakra is blocked, you may feel anxious, fearful, and disconnected from your body. You can have difficulty trusting others as well as yourself, and you feel unsupported. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is important to work to clear the blockage and restore balance to this energy center.
Some other root chakra blocked symptoms are:
- Low self esteem
- Feeling like you don’t have a true home
- Feeling like the rug will be pulled out from under you at any moment
- Fear your basic needs won’t be met
- You feel disconnected from yourself, relationships, and the world
- Worry and overthinking
- Needing to overeat for comfort
- Digestive issues
Signs of a Balanced Root Chakra
When this chakra is balanced we feel stable and secure, both physically and emotionally. We feel safer in our bodies as well as in the world.
We feel strong and rooted, with a sense of being connected to something larger than ourselves, in this case the Earth that gave us life.
When your root chakra is healed you feel:
- Connected to your body
- Present in the moment instead of worrying about the past or future
- Confident in yourself
- Emotionally balanced
- A strong sense of identity and self-worth
- Safe and secure in your body and the world
- Physically and mentally healthy
Obviously these are things we all want to feel, which is why it’s important to make sure we keep the root chakra in balance.
How Affirmations Help Root Chakra Healing
Chakra healing is a process of activating and opening your chakras in order to allow for the free flow of energy. You can use affirmations to help activate and open your chakras because they help to reprogram your subconscious mind, clear fear and limiting beliefs, and promote healing.
Affirmations help us shift our attention away from the things that aren’t serving us, and allow us to focus on what we would like to feel and experience instead.
You might have heard the phrase, “what you focus on expands,” so with affirmations we start to focus on what we want to experience instead of all the things we don’t. Then we start to automatically make positive changes, often without even being aware of it!
How to use healing root chakra affirmations
You can use affirmations at any time you need them, while driving your car, in the shower, when you’re feeling anxious, before falling asleep, or first thing when you wake up in the morning.
But it’s a really good idea to take a few minutes each day to sit somewhere quiet, take some slow deep breaths, and say your affirmations with feeling and purpose. So you aren’t just saying the words, you are feeling that they are truth in your body and mind.
Choose around 10 affirmations that you like from the list below, then write them on a paper and keep it on your nightstand, desk, or mirror so that you remember to repeat them at least once a day, or more if you like.
It can also be helpful to say your root chakra affirmations outside with your feet touching grass, dirt, or sand so that you feel extra connected to the earth. Or you can sit with your plants and imagine them sharing their energy with you and rooting you to the earth.
Root Chakra Affirmations
- My root chakra is balanced and open.
- No matter where I go, I am home in myself.
- My foundation for life is strong.
- I am connected to my body.
- I am safe in my body.
- My body takes care of me and I take care of it.
- The Earth loves and supports me.
- The Earth is holding me and guiding me.
- When I wake up each day I feel grounded and rejuvenated.
- I am calm, centered, and ready for the world.
- My body is balanced and healthy.
- I am safe and secure in the world.
- The Earth always provides for me.
- The Earth shares great abundance with me.
- I feel a powerful sense of belonging to the Earth.
- I graciously process and release my fear.
- Like a growing tree, I am connected to both the earth and the sky.
- I make choices that nourish my body.
- I am present in this moment.
- I am divinely loved and protected.
- I am exactly where I am meant to be.
- I have all I need to thrive in life.
- I am worthy of love and support.
- I invite loving and supportive relationships.
- I am strong, steady, and grounded within.
- The world is a beautiful, supportive place.
- I know who I am and I love who I am.
- It is safe for me to release my fear and anxiety.
- It is safe for me to be bold and expansive.
- I trust myself.
- No matter what storms come, I am rooted to the earth and I am safe.
- I am courageous, I am strong.
- All my needs are met.
- No matter what happens in the world, I choose to feel peace within.
- I am held by the earth.
You may also enjoy this Chakra Balancing Meditation that uses affirmations and visualization for each of the chakras.
How long does it take to open the root chakra?
It’s natural to want to open the root chakra fast, and it can happen quickly but it may also require some time and repetition.
It’s important to remember that your root chakra probably didn’t become blocked in one day, so it can take a little time to remove your blocks and open up that energy center again.
Keep using the affirmations everyday until you start to feel that the symptoms you had before are gone and your root chakra is open and balanced.
I hope you found some healing root chakra affirmations that you resonate with. These affirmations, if used daily, will help restore a feeling of safety and connection to yourself. Take what feels good to you and make them part of your daily routine.
Get more affirmations: