62 Sleep Affirmations for Rest, Relaxation, Success, and More
Sleep is one of the most important things we can do for our overall health and well-being. It is essential for our body to get the rest it needs to function at its best. There are many ways to help you get a good night’s sleep, and one of them is as simple as reciting affirmations to yourself before bed.
Using positive sleep affirmations before going to bed is going to help quiet your mind and send a signal to your brain that it’s time for rest.
If you’ve struggled with laying awake for hours at night as your mind races, bedtime affirmations can help you calm your mind enough that you can fall asleep.
It used to take me hours to fall sleep each night, my mind just wouldn’t rest and I would worry about things that happened that day, things that happened 20 years ago, and things that could happen in the future. It was exhausting and frustrating.
When I took control of my thoughts and started telling my brain what to do in a positive way, I started to sleep so much better.
What are Sleep Affirmations?
Sleep affirmations are positive statements that you repeat to yourself at bedtime in order to help you fall asleep. They tell your mind and body that it’s time to slow down, rest, and recharge.
The goal of sleep affirmations is to create positive, empowering commands that focus the mind on relaxation and sleep. Examples of sleep affirmations include “I am calm and relaxed,” “I am comfortable and safe,” or “I am rested and refreshed.”
They can also be about anything that you want to improve in your life, such as your health, your relationships, or your career. Repeating affirmations each night can help you to relax and find rest more easily.
Do affirmations before bed really work?
Sleep affirmations have been shown to be effective in both the short and long term.
Not only can you command your mind to fall asleep in the moment, but over time you can install new empowering beliefs and behaviors into your subconscious mind.
When you consistently use positive bedtime affirmations before you go to sleep you will find that they begin to quickly promote relaxation and an optimistic mindset, and you can use them to change other things about yourself.
The things we tell ourselves everyday become true because they become beliefs and then we act on those beliefs, we make them true without consciously being aware of it.
So can you reprogram your mind while you sleep? Yes, by repeating positive statements over and over again. The mind is most open to suggestion right when you wake up and just before falling asleep, so using affirmations at bedtime is really powerful.
How do you use bedtime affirmations most effectively?
Start with gratitude. Studies have found that gratitude creates better quality sleep so before sayings your chosen affirmations think about 5-10 things you’re grateful for from that day. I can personally attest that gratitude in combination with positive affirmations helps your mind relax and find peace.
Use the present tense like ‘I am’ and ‘right now.’ Saying something like “I hope I fall asleep quickly tonight” is like a wish or suggestion. Instead you have to send a firm command to your brain and establish that right now is the time for sleep.
Focus on the positive. You don’t need to call out the negative things you don’t want, just focus on the feelings and things that you do want to experience. So avoid saying “I hope my brain doesn’t keep me up until 4am again.”
Let yourself feel positive emotions as you say these nighttime affirmations. Just saying the words without any feelings behind them isn’t nearly as powerful as tapping into the emotions.
Repeat them every night. The first time you use them they may not instantly work, but if you are consistent over time they will absolutely begin to work their magic. Repetition is the key to developing any habit or skill.
Make it easy to remember to use them. Try writing down 10 affirmations on a piece of paper and keep it on your nightstand, or tape it to your bathroom mirror and say them to yourself after brushing your teeth at night.
62 Soothing Sleep Affirmations
Nighttime Affirmations for Sleep, Rest, and Relaxation
- My mind and body are ready for rest, I am ready to deeply relax.
- It is easy for me to quickly fall asleep.
- With every breath my body becomes more relaxed and ready for rest.
- My dreams will be peaceful tonight.
- I’m ready for a deep sleep tonight that allows me to recharge for tomorrow.
- I know tomorrow holds amazing opportunities and I’m excited to meet them.
- Right now my only priority is to rest and feel good.
- Even if I made mistakes today, I still deserve rest.
- My mind is getting very quiet, I am ready to sleep.
- As soon as I turn out the lights and lay in bed my body knows it’s time for sleep and I fall asleep quickly.
Sleep Affirmations to Release Anxiety & Stress
- Right now my only job is to relax and recharge, I let go of everything else.
- I easily release any thoughts and feelings from the day that do not serve me.
- I release all tension and allow my body and mind to deeply relax now.
- I have the power to control my thoughts and I choose to be at peace now.
- As I sleep my mind finds the perfect solutions to today’s problems.
- It is safe for me to fully relax now.
- I know that it is safe to release all anxiety because things always work out in my favor.
- The more I relax now the easier tomorrow’s challenges will be.
- I easily choose peace and rest over stress and anxiety.
- I allow my mind to be calm and restful now, my worries are drifting away.
Nighttime Affirmations for Health
- Right now is the perfect time for my body to relax and heal.
- While I sleep my body gets healthier.
- The more rest I get the better my body feels.
- I love waking up to a healthier and more youthful body each morning.
- I show my body love and respect by resting now.
- My body is getting ready to recharge and heal while I sleep.
- I am so thankful my body supports me in all I want to do.
- I graciously allow my body to get the rest it needs to perform it’s best.
- I give my body and mind permission to fall into a deep, nourishing sleep.
- My body serves me all day and now I will serve it by resting and healing.
Bedtime Affirmations for Confidence
- Everything I experienced today makes me stronger tomorrow.
- I take pride in my efforts today and can fully relax.
- I will wake up tomorrow feeling confident and happy.
- Everyday I wake up feeling more confident in myself.
- Tomorrow I will excel at everything I do.
- I know I did my best today and that is enough.
- I am ready to receive more opportunities to increase my self-confidence.
Get more Affirmations for Confidence
Nighttime Affirmations for Success
- I can rest peacefully knowing I made progress on my goals.
- I’m so exciting for the opportunities tomorrow will bring.
- All the small steps I took today bring greater success tomorrow.
- I am ready to experience miracles in my life tomorrow.
- My success is inevitable and I am on the right path.
- I earned a deep and peaceful rest today.
- Being well rested is my top priority because it increases my success.
- I already have everything I need for success within me.
Get more Affirmations for Motivation
Affirmations to Manifest Abundance While You Sleep
- I am floating in an ocean of abundance.
- Money flows to me while I sleep.
- The more rest I get, the more money I make.
- When I relax I am magnetic to wealth.
- While I sleep my mind comes up with more ways to create wealth.
- Money is easy for me to attract when I’m well rested.
- The Universe is sending wealth my way as I sleep.
- When I rest my body I grow my bank balance.
Listen to more Wealth Affirmations
Self Love Sleep Affirmations
- I learn to love myself more each day.
- Even if I made mistakes today, I still deeply and completely love and accept myself.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I can rest knowing I am always worthy of love.
- I choose to love, accept, and honor myself as I am in this moment.
- As I sleep I allow old wounds to heal and I choose wholeness.
- Allowing myself to rest is an act of self-love.
- As I rest I release any thoughts and energy that does not make me feel loved.
- While I sleep I attract things that increase my happiness.
Get more 65 Affirmations for Self-Love
I hope these nighttime affirmations help you find the relaxation and sleep that you need and deserve! Remember to use them daily just before bed or as you are falling asleep each night.