If you feel like your creativity is blocked and you want to return to a state of flow, look to your sacral chakra. This energy center is the source of your playfulness, joy, sensuality, and creative flow. When this chakra is blocked, it’s hard to come up with new ideas and be innovative, and you may struggle with intimacy.
Sacral chakra affirmations can be very helpful in promoting healing, both physically and emotionally. They can be used to reprogram old limiting beliefs that are causing your sacral chakra to be blocked, and they send your mind and body a gentle command to release any stuck energy that contribute to blocks.
There are many different healing sacral chakra affirmations to choose from, so just choose a few from the list below that resonate with you and start using them daily to support your healing journey. With time and repetition they can help reduce stress, improve your mood, and promote peace of mind.
What is the Sacral Chakra?
The sacral chakra, called Svadhisthana in Sanskrit, is located below the belly button and just above the perineum. It is all about our emotions, creativity, and desire. It is represented by the color orange and is the second chakra, after the root chakra.
The sacral chakra is activated when we are in a state of flow – when we are engaged in an activity that we love and are fully absorbed in it. This stimulates the energy of the chakra and allows us to connect with our passion and our creative side.
This energy center can become blocked from stress, trauma, suppressing emotions, and fear of being judged. You may feel very fragile, sensitive, and anxious because some emotion is hidden from the conscious mind and needs to be healed and released.
Blocked Sacral Chakra Symptoms
If you are experiencing any of the following physical symptoms, it may be indicative of a blocked or under active sacral chakra: back pain, chronic fatigue, headaches, and low sexual libido. You may also have creative blocks or be unable to focus on your work.
You may feel a lot of shame around healthy sexual expression, and guilt when taking time for yourself and your hobbies.
Additional sacral chakra blockage symptoms:
- You struggle to express yourself
- Lack of focus
- Struggling to make decisions
- Feeling uninspired
- Struggling with intimacy
- Using sex to numb other emotions or gain love from others
- Reproductive health issues
- You feel guilty practicing self care and pursuing your passions
- Consistently lacking energy
- Overwhelming shame and guilt around pleasure
- Needing validation from others
Sacral Chakra Awakening Symptoms
When you open and bring your sacral chakra back into balance you experience a greater sense of creativity and flow in your life. This increased flow allows for new opportunities to come your way and for old obstacles to be removed.
You are better able to enjoy the moment and live in the present, rather than feeling guilty for pursuing the things that bring you joy and passion. This improved state of being also allows you to connect more deeply with those around you, creating stronger and more meaningful relationships.
You feel authentic because you can express your emotions with confidence, knowing that you really only need validation from yourself.
Other sacral chakra opening symptoms you will experience:
- You feel inspired and creative
- New ideas flow to you consistently
- You are focused and connected
- You give and receive love with ease
- A healthy expression of physical desire and sensuality
- You feel energized and supported
- Your confidence comes back
- You pursue your passions without guilt
- You process and release tough emotions instead of suppressing them
How Affirmations Help Sacral Chakra Healing
Chakra healing is a process of activating and opening your chakras in order to allow for the free flow of energy through the body. You can use affirmations to help activate and open your chakras because they help to reprogram your subconscious mind, clear fear and limiting beliefs, and promote healing.
These healing sacral chakra affirmations will help you come back into flow and balance. They will help you feel safe with your emotions and your sensual side.
Affirmations help us shift our attention away from the things that aren’t serving us, and allow us to focus on what we would like to feel and experience instead.
You might have heard the phrase, “what you focus on expands,” so with positive affirmations we start to focus on what we want to experience instead of all the things we don’t. Then we start to automatically make positive changes, often without even being aware of it!
Free Self Love Journal Prompts PDF for Subscribers
How to use healing Sacral Chakra affirmations
You can use affirmations at any time you need them, while driving your car, in the shower (visualize the things you don’t want anymore going down the drain), when you’re feeling anxious, before falling asleep, or first thing when you wake up in the morning.
But it’s a really good idea to take a few minutes each day to sit somewhere quiet, take some slow deep breaths, and say your affirmations with feeling and purpose. So you aren’t just saying the words, you are feeling that they are truth in your body and mind.
Choose around 10 affirmations that you like from the list below, then write them on a paper and keep it on your nightstand, desk, or mirror so that you remember to repeat them at least once a day, or more if you like.
You can combine affirmations for multiple chakras if you feel the need.
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
- I am open to new experiences and I enjoy life.
- I am creative.
- I am in flow.
- I am nourished.
- I am balanced.
- I am passionate about life.
- I am inspired every day.
- I am authentic and secure in myself.
- I honor and accept my feelings, good or bad.
- I allow myself to feel the fullest spectrum of my emotions and release what no longer serves me.
- I gently heal and release any feelings of fear, anger, and sadness. (add any other emotion you feel)
- I give myself permission to create, explore, and play.
- I pursue and prioritize what brings me joy.
- I treat my body like a temple.
- I honor my emotional and physical needs.
- I feel safe in my body.
- I am safe in my sensuality.
- I am desirable and beautiful.
- I only pursue intimacy that is safe and mutually fulfilling.
- I respect my sexual needs as does my partner.
- I allow myself to feel passion and pleasure.
- I choose to only be around people who honor my boundaries.
- I make time for self-care.
- I am creating the beautiful tapestry of my life.
- I give my body the nourishment it needs.
- I make time and space to play and be creative.
- I am worthy and deserving of respect from myself and others.
- I easily flow with the currents of life.
- I am energized, inspired, and passionate.
- I have a healthy relationship with my inner child.
- It is safe to express my needs.
- My most important goal today is feeling good.
- I find beauty in the world each day.
- I attract like-minded people who support and love me for who I am.
- I unleash my creativity and passion to design the masterpiece of my life.
You may also enjoy this Chakra Balancing Meditation that uses affirmations and visualization for each of the chakras.
How long does it take to open the Sacral Chakra?
It’s natural to want to open the sacral chakra fast, and it can happen very quickly but it may also require some time and repetition.
It’s important to remember that your chakra probably didn’t become blocked in one day, so it can take a little time to remove your blocks and open up that energy center again.
Keep using the affirmations everyday until you start to feel that the symptoms you had before are gone and your sacral chakra is open and balanced.
I hope you found some healing sacral chakra affirmations that you resonate with. These affirmations, if used daily, will help restore creativity and passion in your life. Take what feels good to you and make them part of your daily routine.
Get more affirmations: