Communication is such an important part of human existence, we use it everyday to navigate life and interact with people, so when we struggle with expressing ourselves it can negatively impact our confidence, success, and relationships.
The reason we struggle with self-expression can often be a blocked throat chakra, which is the energy center of communication. The energy gets suck here, and we can even feel it building up as a knot in our throats in moments when we struggle to speak.
An easy but powerful way to clear this block and restore balance is through throat chakra affirmations, which you’ll find below. Through using these healing affirmations you will soon release that stuck energy and be able to freely express yourself.
What is the Throat Chakra?
Chakras, translated to ‘wheel’ in Sanskrit, are hubs of energy in the body. Each has it’s own purpose and influence on the mind and body. In the past chakras were thought to just be a spiritual concept, but studies show that chakras influence human psychology.
The throat chakra, called Vishuddha in Sanskrit, is located in the center of the throat. It is the fifth chakra and is all about self-expression and feeling confident communicating our truth.
When open and in balance, we can express ourselves freely and communicate in a healthy way in our relationships. We can also be honest with ourselves and face the truth, whether it is convenient or not (like acknowledging when we need to take responsibility for something).
If your throat chakra is closed or imbalanced you probably don’t feel able to share your opinions, feelings, and needs with the people you’re closest to. You may have strong fear and anxiety around public speaking or just speaking to people in general.
A close throat chakra can be caused by past events where it did not feel safe to voice your needs or thoughts. If you were told to be quiet a lot as a child, or you were bullied for naturally being quiet this energy center became blocked off.
Maybe you were not listened to when you expressed yourself, or perhaps there was a time when you stumbled over your words and someone made fun of you. You may have a strong fear of being judged for saying the wrong thing. All of these things can lead to a blocked throat chakra.
The throat chakra can be opened through practices such as meditation, yoga, journaling, and the affirmations in this article. I also have a public speaking subliminal video below that can help.
Symptoms of a Blocked Throat Chakra
As we’ve discussed, a blocked throat chakra prevents you from confidently communicating. You might struggle to tell people what’s on your mind and the thought of talking to people causes a lot of fear and anxiety.
Someone who is very shy and prone to social anxiety likely has a closed off fifth chakra. You may even experience panic attacks at the idea of public speaking (I cried before a speech in my college communications class, I wish I’d had some throat chakra affirmations back then!).
You will feel like you never say the right thing, and you constantly worry about being judged by others.
You may also be prone to speaking without thinking or your thoughts just come out wrong, which can get you into awkward situations and cause hurt feelings. Someone who speaks over others or says unkind things has an unbalance throat chakra.
You might lie a lot and feel the need to impress people by exaggerating, causing people not to trust you.
Other blocked throat chakra symptoms include:
- Intense shyness
- Social anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Feeling constricted around your throat
- Guilt at expressing your wants and needs
- Blurting out words without thinking
- Fear of sharing your opinions
- Sore throat
- Neck stiffness
- Jaw pain or stiffness
- Earaches and hearing problems
Signs of a Balanced Throat Chakra
Bringing balance to the throat Chakra will help improve communication, self-confidence, and overall well-being.
When you heal this energy center you become better at expressing your creativity and showing up as your authentic self.
Even if some people don’t like you or what you have to say, you’re confident knowing you have the right intentions and you speak your truth.
What happens when you open your throat chakra:
- You feel confident communicating
- You speak you truth without worrying what others will think
- You speak with compassion
- You are thoughtful when speaking
- You clearly convey your intentions
- You become a better leader
- Not only are you better at speaking, you’re better at listening too
How to Heal the Throat Chakra With Affirmations
Chakra healing is a process of activating and balancing your chakras in order to allow for the free flow of energy through the body. You can use affirmations to help activate and open your chakras because they help to reprogram your subconscious mind, clear fear, blocks, and limiting beliefs, and promote healing.
These healing throat chakra affirmations will help you find your voice and your truth. They will help you feel like you are being authentic to yourself and embodying who you really are.
Affirmations help us shift our attention away from the problem, and allow us to focus on the solution instead.
You may have heard the phrase, “what you focus on expands,” so when we start to focus on what we want to experience instead of all the things we don’t, we start to automatically make positive changes often without even being aware of it.
How to use healing Throat Chakra affirmations
You can use affirmations at any time you need them, while driving your car, in the shower (visualize the things you don’t want anymore going down the drain), when you’re feeling anxious, before falling asleep, or first thing when you wake up in the morning.
If you have a meeting or presentation where you have to speak up, throat chakra affirmations are a great tool to help ease any anxiety and build confidence in yourself.
But it’s a really good idea to take a few minutes each day to sit somewhere quiet, take some slow deep breaths, and say your affirmations with feeling and purpose. So you aren’t just saying the words, you are feeling that they are truth in your body and mind.
When you first start using affirmations you may even feel your throat closing up because you don’t believe the words you’re saying. This is perfectly normal, keep saying them. Make them a daily mantra. Eventually your brain will stop resisting them and they’ll start to feel true.
Choose around 10 affirmations that you like from the list below, then write them on a paper and keep it on your nightstand, desk, or mirror so that you remember to repeat them at least once a day, or more if you like.
You can combine affirmations for multiple chakras if you feel the need.
Throat Chakra Affirmations
- It is safe for me to use my voice.
- I always know what to say.
- It’s easy for me to communicate my thoughts.
- I come across as knowledgeable and confident.
- My words flow gracefully.
- I speak my truth.
- I am expressive.
- The truth sets me free.
- My voice is strong.
- I’m a great public speaker
- I love connecting with people.
- I know that I have valuable information to share with people.
- I know when to share my wisdom and when to stay quiet and just listen.
- Words and thoughts come easily to me.
- I allow my intuition to guide my words.
- I speak with a relaxed, clear voice.
- I express myself clearly and easily.
- I am open and articulate.
- I use the power of my voice for the greatest good.
- I enjoy sharing my views, knowing that my words flow naturally and effortlessly.
- I feel calm and relaxed while I’m speaking.
- I am a confident speaker.
- I have so much to say and can’t wait to share it.
- I am completely in control of the words I speak.
- I always voice my opinions in a calm and considerate way.
- I respect those who are speaking by listening carefully before responding.
- People trust me because my actions match my words.
- I have so much to offer the world.
- It is safe for me to ask for what I need.
- I find it easy to talk to strangers.
- I find talking to people on the phone easy and enjoyable.
- I freely express my emotions in a calm and thoughtful manner.
- I know exactly what to say in every situation.
- I communicate with precision and clarity.
- I speak my truth freely with confidence.
- I feel relaxed and confident when talking to a group.
- The answer is always within me.
- I use words thoughtfully.
- I speak with kindness.
- I don’t have to be perfect, I just have to be authentic.
- My words have a positive impact.
- I am worthy of being heard.
- The most I love myself, the better I express myself.
- My heart is graciously expressed through my voice.
- I convey my intentions with clarity.
- I am honest with myself and others.
- I know who I am and express myself authentically.
- I have the courage to be myself, even if others don’t like it.
- My thoughts, feelings, needs, and desires matter.
- I honor my words and promises.
Play this public speaking subliminal in the background, it has these affirmations and many more that will help reprogram your subconscious mind with positive beliefs about being a confident public speaker.
The affirmations are lowered to a volume that only the subconscious can hear so they are believed more easily. For best results listen once a day for at least 30 days.
How long does it take to open the Throat Chakra?
It’s natural to want to bring your throat chakra into balance fast, because life is so much easier when you feel confident expressing yourself. It can happen very quickly, but it may also require some time and repetition.
It’s important to remember that your chakra probably didn’t become blocked in one day, so it can take a little time to remove your blocks and open up that energy center again.
You also need to realize that you will need to work on your chakras throughout your life. Things will happen to throw you out of balance, and you’ll have to do some work to heal again.
Keep using the affirmations everyday until you start to feel that the symptoms you had before are gone and your throat chakra is open and balanced.
I hope you found some healing throat chakra affirmations that you resonate with. These affirmations, if used daily, will help to heal this energy center. Take what feels good to you and make them part of your daily routine.
If you enjoyed this article and want weekly emails with similar content subscribe below.