With Valentine’s Day around the corner I thought I would compile a list of springtime self care activities that you can do all throughout the spring season to help you feel good and break through any lingering winter blues. Whether or not you have a partner, it’s always good to romance yourself a little bit!
Here in California spring is in the air. Who else is ready to come out of your cocoon of warm sweaters and coats? I’m so looking forward to warm breezes, spring flowers, birds singing, sitting outside with a book, and sun dresses.
These spring self care activities are the perfect way to start off the season.
If it’s still winter where you are I have you covered: 15 Comforting Winter Self Care Tips
And if you want some summer self-care: Summer Glow Up Challenge
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Using them gives me a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
Why is Self Care so Important?
Life throws so many challenges at us everyday, putting us under an almost constant barrage of stress and anxiety. As we all know stress takes a toll on our bodies and minds. It can affect your sleep, productivity, energy levels, health, and happiness.
So it’s important to make self care a priority at least once a week. If you’re busy with school, work, kids, or all of the above, take the time to schedule in a day or even just thirty minutes of self care every week. It’ll make you feel refreshed and ready to take on the world!
Springtime Self Care Activities
1. Set the mood with cozy lighting, try candles or fairy lights.
2. Plant some flowers in a pretty flower pot (I got my mom this pink/white/gold one for her birthday and it’s so pretty!).
3. Treat yourself to something delicious.
4. Slowly wander through a museum or art gallery.
5. Have a disco dance party in your room with your favorite music.
6. Stay off social media for a day.
7. Read an inspiring book. → 10 Life Changing Books
8. Put on music or a tv show and spring clean your house. → 100 Ways to Organize Your Life
9. Spend the day in nature. Take a walk, go to a river/lake/beach. Go hiking.
10. Do a gentle stretch routine.
11. Wear your coziest pajamas and watch a movie in bed.
12. Have a girls night out or in!
13. Soak in the tub with a hair and face mask on.
14. Make your home beautiful by cleaning, decluttering, or switching up your decor.
15. Write down 10 things that you’re grateful for today.
16. Lay outside in the sun on a blanket.
18. Show yourself love with positive and empowering affirmations.
19. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
20. Do a 10 minute relaxing meditation.
21. Create a new music playlist.
22. Make a delicious smoothie.
23. Get a massage.
24. Open a window to let fresh air in.
25. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers.
26. Write out any negative feelings onto a paper and rip it up or burn it (safely!).
27. Put together a few outfits that make you feel awesome and wear them this week.
28. Do that task that’s been nagging you for ages, you’ll feel so good when it’s done!
29. Go stargazing.
30. Create a mood or vision board on Pinterest.
31. Take a long drive with great music.
32. Organize your closet or dresser.
33. Say yes to something fun.
34. Visit a botanical garden.
35. Have a lunch date with a friend.
36. Take your dog to the park.
37. Have a date night with your partner, or just with yourself!
38. Volunteer in your community.
39. Cook or bake something really amazing for yourself.
40. Take time to sit with a cup of tea or coffee and really be present in the moment without technology.
41. Block your ex’s phone number and social media. DO IT NOW!
42. Do something you enjoyed as a kid.
43. Give someone a complement, it’ll make you both feel good!
44. Plan a new fitness routine.
45. Buy a crystal (try Etsy for unique finds) or other fun spiritual item.
I hope you found some fun things to do from this list of springtime self care activities and ideas. I’m so glad to trade my winter coats out for light cardigans and feel the warm sun on my skin. Make caring for yourself a priority, we all deserve to feel good.
Love and light.