Are you ready to come out of your cocoon of warm sweaters and coats? Let’s celebrate the end of winter with some spring self care ideas! They are the perfect way to start off the season feeling refreshed and revitalized.
Spring gives us the opportunity to have a fresh start. There is so much new life that blooms around us, why shouldn’t we show up as our most vibrant selves too? Just like flowers, we need care to flourish and thrive. Practicing self care is just like watering a seed and giving it sunlight.
These springtime self care activities can be done all throughout the season to help you feel good and break through any lingering winter blues. You don’t have to do them all in one week! Take your time and enjoy nourishing yourself.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Using them gives me a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
Why is Spring Self Care so Important?
Life throws so many challenges at us everyday, putting us under an almost constant barrage of stress and anxiety. As we all know stress takes a toll on our bodies and minds. It can affect your sleep, productivity, energy levels, health, and happiness.
So it’s important to make self care a priority at least once a week. If you’re busy with school, work, kids, or all of the above, take the time to schedule in a day or even just thirty minutes of self care every week. It’ll make you feel refreshed and ready to take on the world!
If it’s still winter where you are I have you covered: 15 Comforting Winter Self Care Tips
And if you want some summer self-care try the Summer Glow Up Challenge.
Spring Self Care Activities
2. Plant some flowers in a pretty flower pot (I got my mom this pink/white/gold one for her birthday and it’s so pretty!). Being surrounded by plants is proven to make us happier!
3. Treat yourself to something delicious.
4. Slowly wander through a museum or art gallery.
5. Have a disco dance party in your room with your favorite music.
6. Stay off social media for a day. Sometimes our phones can be so consuming that we neglect our bodies and minds. Put up some healthy boundaries between you and any apps or websites that take up too much of your time.
7. Read an inspiring book. If you already gave up on your New Year goals, these books might help you feel motivated. Your dreams are worth pursuing! → 12 Life Changing Books
8. Put on music or a tv show and spring clean your house. Cleaning may not feel like self care to everyone, but how good does it feel when the clutter is gone, your closet has more space, and every speck of dust is banished? The feeling you get at the end of your spring cleaning is the self care part. → 100 Ways to Organize Your Life
9. Spending the day in nature is the perfect spring self care activity. Take a walk, go to a river/lake/beach, or go hiking.
10. Do a gentle stretch routine a few nights a week.
11. Wear your coziest pajamas and watch a movie in bed.
12. Have a girls night out or in!
13. Write down 10 things that you’re grateful for today.
14. Refresh your home by rearranging or switching up your home decor. I’m always so sad after I put away my Christmas decorations, adding some pink and purple to my home for spring makes me feel better.
15. Soak in the tub with a hair and face mask on. Then pamper your skin when you get out with body lotion and gua sha face massage. Put the gua sha in the freezer for 5 minutes before using it, it feels divine!
16. Lay outside in the sun on a blanket.
18. Show yourself love with positive and empowering affirmations. Choose 5 to say into the mirror every day for a few weeks and see how you feel.
19. Watch the sunrise or sunset.
20. Do a relaxing meditation.
21. Create a new music playlist.
22. Make a delicious smoothie.
23. Get a massage.
24. Open the windows to let fresh air in.
25. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers.
26. Write out any negative feelings onto a paper and rip it into tiny little pieces and throw it away.
27. Put together a few outfits that make you feel awesome and wear them this week.
28. Do that task that’s been nagging you for ages, you’ll feel so good when it’s done!
29. Go stargazing.
30. Create a mood or vision board on Pinterest to inspire you.
31. Take a long drive through a scenic area with great music.
32. Organize your closet or dresser, put your spring clothes front and center.
33. Say yes to something fun.
34. Visit a botanical garden.
35. Have a lunch date with a friend.
36. Take your dog to the park.
37. Have a date night with your partner, or just with yourself!
38. Volunteer in your community.
39. Cook or bake something really amazing for yourself.
40. Take time to sit with a cup of tea or coffee and really be present in the moment without technology or other distractions.
41. Get a pedicure so your feet are ready for sandal season.
42. Do something you enjoyed as a kid.
43. Give someone a complement, it’ll make you both feel good!
44. Plan a new fitness routine or sign up for some classes.
45. Buy a crystal (try Etsy for unique finds) to bring some fresh energy into your home. I love the sparkle they bring into my space.
I hope you found some fun things to do from this list of springtime self care activities and ideas. I’m so glad to trade my winter coats out for light cardigans and feel the warm sun on my skin. Make caring for yourself a priority, we all deserve to feel good!