The Secret to Making Lucky Girl Syndrome Work for You + 15 Powerful Lucky Girl Affirmations
We all experience moments of envy when it seems that everyone else is luckier than us. From winning free stuff all the time to getting the perfect job, some people just seem to have all the luck and it feels pretty lousy when the luck fairy passes us by.
But what if instead of wishing for a stroke of good luck, we took the initiative to increase our own chance at happiness and success? That’s where the Lucky Girl Syndrome comes in. Women are discovering that we can create our own luck, we don’t have to be born with it.
While luck is often thought of as something that’s out of our control, with a simple change in our mindset we increase our luck and manifest positive outcomes and delightful miracles. Imagine living in a world that consistently showers you with blessings, that can be for you.
Let’s explore this lucky girl phenomenon and make some magic happen.
What Exactly is Lucky Girl Syndrome?
Lucky girl syndrome is a phenomenon where because someone believes they are extremely lucky, they experience incredible luck.
Someone believing that they are lucky is the key here, because the way that manifestation works is that our belief system is what creates our reality. Our beliefs create a filter we see the world though, like rose colored glasses that shows us what we expect to see.
When you expect things to go your way, they do. Likewise, when you expect nothing to work in your favor, then it doesn’t.
Whether you call it the Law of Attraction or the Law of Assumption, the majority of the time we only attract, create, and experience things that line up with our beliefs.
We’re always unconsciously looking for evidence and ways to validate our beliefs—we all love to be right, don’t we? So when someone believes they are lucky and expects lucky things to happen to them, their brain looks for ways to experience luck. It looks for—and creates—ways to prove that you are a lucky person.
It’s not really magic or luck as we think of it, it’s simply the power of our minds and something we’ve been doing our whole lives.
How to Get Lucky Girl Syndrome
Since our luck is determined by our belief system, we simply have to rewire our brains to increase it.
Because we are always taking actions that are in alignment with our beliefs, and we can only perceive the world through the filter of our belief system, it’s necessary to change our beliefs before we see change in our outer world.
Think of it this way, every single thing that has been created by humans existed in the mind first. First we get the idea of something that would be useful or cool to have in the physical world, and then—if we are willing to believe that it’s possible—we take action to create it.
So luck starts in the mind first, and you can decide right now that you’re going to commit to changing the way you think and reap the rewards.
How do you change a belief?
Ok, so now you know that you have to change your beliefs about how lucky you are to start experiencing luck, lets talk about how to do that.
Too many ‘teachers’ in the manifestation community say, “just change your beliefs,” like we can all just flip a switch in our brain and turn old beliefs off and new beliefs on. It’s frustrating, to say the least.
Beliefs live in the subconscious mind and they’re created by what we see, hear, and experience. Our experiences create stories about how the world works, and we repeat those stories in our minds through our thoughts. To change a belief we have to essentially reprogram the subconscious, which takes some time and effort.
There are a lot of complicated methods people use to reprogram the subconscious mind, but it’s actually very simple: you have to start telling yourself a new story about how the world works for you and repeat it until the subconscious mind accepts it as fact, and the easiest way to do that is through affirmations.
Our dominate thoughts (the ones we think over and over and over again) will either reinforce or deconstruct our beliefs. Repetition of new thoughts will eventually create a new belief.
Join the FREE Self-Love Challenge
Is Lucky Girl Syndrome Toxic Positivity?
Before we talk about affirmations, I want to make it clear that using lucky girl affirmations is not a way of downplaying difficult circumstances or bypassing challenging emotions and mental health struggles. They are a way to get out of victim mode and start feeling empowered.
When you become aware that you have a belief that isn’t serving you, one that in fact sabotages you (because you can’t create success or luck when you believe that you can only fail), then it’s up to you to change that belief—and the most powerful way I’ve found to do that in my five plus years in the personal development world is through affirmations.
When you’re having a pity party and telling yourself, “I can’t do this,” affirmations are a way to switch your mindset to, “actually yes I can.” They are a tool to help you get past your perceived limitations.
All the things you tell yourself you can’t do or have is just a story. It’s not The Truth. And it can be changed, as you’ll learn how to do in the next section.
Why Do Lucky Girl Affirmations Work?
Affirmations are short, positive statements that you repeat to yourself to reinforce a belief or attitude. The trick to making affirmations work is repetition, just saying them once or twice is not enough to get the subconscious mind on board.
Think about it this way, when you have the same negative thoughts about yourself over and over again, those are actually affirmations. Every time you think, “things never go my way,” you are reinforcing that as a belief in the subconscious mind with a negative affirmation.
So if those negative affirmations you’ve been using have created a pattern in your life that you don’t want, it’s only logical to assume that if you replace them with a positive affirmation then eventually you’ll start to experience better luck.
Lucky girl affirmations help you feel more positive and optimistic about your life in the moment and, when used often enough that it becomes habitual to think from the identity of a lucky person, then you start to experience the good fortune that you want.
While affirmations are not an instant solution to all of life’s problems, they are a powerful tool for cultivating a positive mindset and attracting more good things into your life.
Again, repetition and persistence are key to getting lucky girl syndrome.
Here are some tips for using lucky girl affirmations:
- Choose affirmations that resonate with you, you can choose as many as you want but I recommend picking just 1-3 for daily use to avoid feeling overwhelmed. There are many examples of lucky girl affirmations to choose from below.
- Correct old negative thoughts with your positive affirmations. Whenever you find yourself feeling doubtful or pessimistic, use your affirmations to change the direction of your thoughts. Don’t give into the old, “why don’t good things happen to me,” story, choose the new story that says you are lucky. Why stay in an icky feeling mental state when you don’t have to?
- Be delusional! You’re not going to have outside evidence of being the luckiest girl in the world right away, but you have to think as if you do. Even when things aren’t going your way, tell yourself that they are.
- Give yourself reminders. It’s easy to forget to use affirmations, so put them on post its, make them your phone wallpaper, set alarms on your phone, etc. Do what you have to do.
- Combine your affirmations with visualization. As you repeat your affirmations, visualize yourself experiencing the good fortune and abundance that you are affirming. This can help to reinforce the positive messages and make them feel more real to you. Choose one or two affirmations, set a timer for ten minutes, and close your eyes as you repeat them and visualize a positive scene.
Here are more tips on how to make affirmations work faster.
Lucky Girl Syndrome Affirmations
- I am the luckiest person in the world
- Miracles happen to me all the time
- I always have the best luck
- Everything in my life is so perfect
- Great things are always happening for me
- I am naturally so lucky
- I always win at life
- My life is even better than my fantasies
- I am the happiest person in the world
- Isn’t it wonderful to be so lucky?
- Everything works in my favor
- I always get what I want
- Everything is always so easy for me
- Luck is always on my side
- I am blessed with abundance and good fortune
- I’ve got lucky girl magic
- Why am I so lucky?
Lucky Girl/Lucky Guy Subliminal
Subliminals are a way of delivering affirmations to the subconscious mind in a way that the conscious mind–the part of you that’s thinking now–can’t object to. The affirmations are played at a low volume that only the subconscious can hear.
I made this video to be played at night, with lucky affirmations playing under the sound of rain to help you fall asleep. You can listen during the day though if you want to.
For best results, listen for 30 days.
Signs Lucky Girl Syndrome is Working!
Here are some ways to tell that the lucky girl effect is working:
- You start thinking your affirmations without consciously trying.
- Small things start going your way.
- You feel more optimistic about your goals and dreams.
- You have less doubt and limitations.
- You feel more confident in yourself.
Join the FREE Self-Love Challenge