50 Fun Activities to do When You’re Bored at Home
Looking for fun or productive activities to do at home? This list is for you!
Today I’m sharing 50 fun activities to do when you’re bored at home. These activities are great whether you live alone or have a partner and kids, there is something for everyone!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Using them gives me a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
Fun Activities to do at Home
1. Put together a large puzzle. This Dragonfly Mandala Puzzle is gorgeous!
2. Play games. Use your imagination!
- Make up new rules for old board games.
- Make up new games.
- Play The Floor is Lava.
- Create an obstacle course.
3. Play hide and go seek.
4. Have a movie marathon or binge watch your favorite TV series. I’ve been watching What We Do in the Shadows on Hulu.
5. Bake yummy treats.
6. Build a blanket fort.
7. Take walks around the neighborhood.
8. Draw on the driveway with chalk. Write positive notes for your neighbors & mailman to read.
9. Start an Etsy shop.
10. Listen to podcasts, there are podcasts about every topic you could possibly be interested.
11. Turn chores into a game and get the kids to help.
12. Make silly costumes with household items.
13. Make homemade popcorn.
14. Facetime with friends and family members.
15. Read storybooks.
16. Get an early start on Spring Cleaning! Yes, this is considered fun for some people.
17. Try new home workouts on Youtube.
18. Have a spa day. Face mask, hair mask, bubble bath, mani/pedi, shave your legs and put on a nice moisturizer, etc.
19. Create a vision board.
20. Fung Shui your house.
21. Make homemade soup or chili, or something that takes a while to cook.
22. Organize your closets. Watch the Marie Kondo series on Netflix for inspiration.
23. Repaint a room in your house or give a piece of furniture a facelift with paint.
24. Read the unread books that have been sitting in your bookshelf or Kindle for a while.
25. Make digital copies of your paperwork and shred the physical copies.
26. Clear out your email inbox.
27. Throw away an expired food, beauty products, and cleaning products. Enjoy that freshly cleaned space!
28. Do a deep life reset.
29. Make a list of all the projects you’ve been meaning to do and start doing them.
30. Learn a new card game.
31. Make new playlists and have dance parties.
32. Get fresh air every day. Open the windows, take a walk, or sit in the sun for 10 minutes.
33. If you’re working from home, make your work space really organized or give it a makeover with Gorgeous Home Office Decor from Amazon.
34. Get some coloring books or paint by number kits for adults.
35. Rearrange your furniture, doing this can bring new energy to your home.
36. Download Duolingo for free and learn a new language.
37. Skype with friend and family members, you can even watch movies together.
38. Learn a new skill from Youtube or Coursera. Knitting, calligraphy, painting, Photoshop, web design, cooking, etc.
39. Do the 30 Days of Yoga with Adrienne challenge
40. Watch Youtube videos, below are my favorites:
- Pick Up Limes – vegan cooking, she has a really soothing vibe
- Brittany Vasseur – organization, cleaning, life hacks
- Lavendaire – personal development
- muchelleb – life hacks, productivity
- Rachel Talbott – diy, organization, cleaning
41. Learn to garden and grow some plants.
42. Try a science experiment.
43. Watch a movie or play video games with a friend over the internet.
44. Have a picnic in your backyard, patio, or living room floor.
45. Learn calligraphy.
46. Learn to meditate. Try the Calm or Headspace apps, or free Youtube videos.
47. If you enjoy writing start a blog, I put together a 10 step guide for beginners to help you get started.
48. Take a long drive to someplace you’ve never been.
49. Start a journal. 50 Self-Discovery Journal Prompts for Personal Growth
50. DIY something in your home, search Pinterest for ideas. There are so many good craft ideas on Pinterest. You can make DIY art, home decor, etc.
I hope you found some good ideas from this list of fun home activities to do when you’re bored at home and social distancing alone or otherwise. Let me know your favorites!
Check out my Summer Bucket List and get a free printable checklist.
Look after yourself and your mental health. If you need self care ideas please check out 30 Self Care Ideas to Reduce Stress.
When you re stuck at home with the kids and have nothing to do, don t despair! It s easier than you think to grab the crayons, glue, glitter, and paint and let their creativity shine. These fun activities for kids are easy, DIY, and can mostly be done with everyday items that you have around the house. (Your kids can do their part for the environment and keep themselves occupied at the same time.) You just need these sparks of inspiration to get the ideas flowing. What s that you hear? It s probably the sound of laughter and concentration, and certainly not a kid yelling, I m bored! from the other side of the house.
So tired of living in my room all day ….i needed this… awesome article, keep up the great work