There’s nothing like the feeling of having a clean slate and a fresh start each week. If you want to start out your week with your body, mind, and home feeling refreshed and prepared for the week ahead, try these Sunday reset ideas! We’re going to clear out all the clutter rattling around in your head and your home.
Sunday is a great day to set yourself up for success for the upcoming week. I love using this day to get myself prepared for an awesome week ahead. Here are 7 tips for a fresh start each week!
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Using them gives me a small commission at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
Let nothing into your home or mind that is not useful or beautiful.
How to Have a Fresh Start Every Week
Reflect & Celebrate Your Wins
1. Reflect on the last week and celebrate any wins you had. A win is anything that made you feel accomplished or good. Not every week is level 10 productive or amazing and it doesn’t have to be. You can celebrate all the small wins you had too.
Maybe you found $5 on the street, got the oil changed on your car, complemented someone, cleaned out your dresser, donated old clothes to charity, meditated twice, took off you chipped nail polish, tried a new recipe, caught up with a friend, paid off a bill, washed your car, mopped your floors, etc.
Whatever it is you accomplished, give yourself a high five and feel proud.
Make your bed cozy!
2. Wash your bedding and make your bed! Getting into a bed with clean sheets feels so cozy! It’s one of my favorite feelings. As a bonus, having a tidy bed will make your bedroom look at least half way clean, even if it’s not quite so clean otherwise.
If your bed is a little blah consider upgrading with some soft sheets, satin pillow cases (these are super affordable), a pretty comforter, or a throw pillow or two (I put these velvet pillow cases over some throw pillows I already had, it’s a great way to upgrade without spending a lot). Beds are the main feature of your bedroom and should make you happy to look at and be in.
3. Doing some basic cleaning of your main living areas will help you have a great start to the week. Put on some music, light a candle, and set a timer for 15-30 minutes.
Vacuum and sweep your floors, clear the counter tops in your kitchen and bathroom, do the dishes, put away the clean laundry that’s been sitting in the hamper or on The Chair for a week (we all do it), and clear our any clutter that isn’t in it’s proper space.
Finally bask in the glory of your clean house! You are a BOSS!
4. Take extra time for self care. Put on a hair and face mask, take a long bath, exfoliate in the shower, put on oil or lotion afterwards (I love almond oil), paint your nails, etc. Do a stretching video to release any tension in your muscles. Do whatever activity makes you feel relaxed.
Treat your body with love, it does so much for you! Something I like to do each night is put my hand over my heart and thank my body for supporting me. A healthy body is definitely something to be grateful for.
Do a Brain Dump
5. Clearing out the clutter in your mind is a great way to have a fresh start to the week. Get a pen and paper and write down all the things that are on your mind. Goals, reminders, to dos, ideas, work tasks, school tasks, etc.
Getting things out of your head and onto paper helps you to look at things more clearly and objectively. Then you can review it and create a plan of action to work on anything that came up throughout the next week.
Set Your Intentions
6. Set your intention for the week. What do you want to accomplish? How do you want to feel? What are the actions you will take to make that happen?
Write down your intentions and goals, and break them down into small bite sized steps that you can easily accomplish throughout the week. Take a few moments to close your eyes and visualize yourself a week from now feeling so accomplished.
How good does it feel to have checked everything off your to do list? How happy are you that you got through the week so successfully because you took a little time on Sunday to have a fresh start to the week?
Something that has been saving my own sanity lately is using this weekly planner. Now I’ve bought many a planner in my time, they always suck me in around the new year but every time I stop using them after a few months because they just don’t offer the organization that I need to stay on track. So I made one with everything I need, you can find it over on my Etsy shop.
7. Now it’s time to gather anything you need to make getting ready tomorrow morning easier.
Next plan your outfits for the week. Whether it’s for school, work, or the gym having your clothes set out will save you time and reduce the number of decisions you have to make in a day.
Studies have shown that as the day goes on and we make more and more decisions that it becomes harder to make good decisions, so by eliminating some of the choices you have to make in the morning you make better ones later in the day and avoid decision fatigue.
It’ll make getting ready in the morning so much easier, and seeing your gym clothes laid out will give you a little bit of extra motivation. Choose a designated spot in your closet on on your dresser to display your outfits so you are always ready to go.
So those are my 7 tips for having a fresh start each week with a Sunday Reset! How do you like to prepare for the week ahead?
Thank you for visiting A Point of Light, if you enjoyed this post subscribe below to get a weekly newsletter with similar content. I hope you found these suggestions helpful.
Love and Light